Saturday, March 24, 2007

Yet Another Angry Response

Joy writes and I respond. Her name has not been changed for irony's sake. Promise.


O-M-G O-M-G

You are sooooo awful.


I, on the other hand, am rather enamored by your gentle tone.


"but not many adopted people or their families read scholarly journals or books."



Here, you use quotation marks, suggesting I said this (or at least something like it) and yet I never did.




And full of it, and NO they are not full of positive stories, be sure to give a shout out to all the adoptive mothers whose children committed suicide.

Where, exactly, is the evidence that more adopted children commit suicide than non-adopted children? I’m sure it exists, but I don’t know where. Please let me know where to find it.




That you could even come up with a slogan like, "who'd give away Faith Hill or Steven Jobs?"

Shows your extreme ignorance.

You want to promote ignorance, you want to promote a practice that harms children.

Where is the harm in being raised by people who love you rather than by a person who can’t take care of you?




Shame on you for not having the ganas to acknowledge the truth about adoption.

You suck.

You, contrariwise, seem quite charming and happy with your life.

No comments: